Saturday, March 5, 2011

Opportunities

I am finally planning a trip to visit Morehead City in person! Through my mother and aunt, I have come in contact with another writer who is interested in the area and insists I must visit. After having prayed for the last 18 months, some money has recently become available and with the connections of my new friend, I might get a great deal on a flight. Now I need to decide exactly what to research during my stay. My trip will probably not be until this summer and I am determined to finish rewriting the lost portions of the novel before I go. This will take considerable discipline while not neglecting my family or teaching, but I know that I must master this to become a successful writer in the 21st century. After all, a successful writer, and by that I mean published, must get back to agents and editors on time with rewrites and be available for book signings, etc. This "deadline" will only help me focus ... I am grateful (beyond grateful!) for the opportunity to finish collecting all the information I need to do this story justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment